The Route is done, the game is set, the maps are drawn and the directions are nearly ready for printing! We are preparing to put together the Rally Packets for Sundays Game Challenge and would most GREATLY appreciate an RSVP by filling out our registration Form.
Please submit the form as it will help us get a good estimate of the amount of rally packets we need!
Thanks everyone for your cooperation!
Well I hope everyone had a spectacular weekend and is ready this haunted day of Holloween. I know I had a nice relaxing weekend. EPMINIS had a great time out at the MOTOR-TOBER event that MINI OF EL PASO put on. We meet a lot of great people and followed up with old friends.
So I am sure everyone is prepping for the GAME ON Rally this Sunday NOV 6. I know I am psyched and ready. EPMINIS will be offering additional chances for contestants to earn “CHEAT” points before the rally even starts. Make sure you are a member of our facebook site and follow it daily. We will be posting trivia questions that will allow you to earn additional points by answering them correctly.
As a reminder the Rally will start at 8:30 am at MINI OF EL PASO. I hope everyone has a great week and I look forward to seeing everyone at the Rally.
The following are some basic safety notes that all drivers and navigators involved in the upcoming NOV 6 GAME RAlLLY should take note of.
1.) THIS IS NOT A RACE. There is no prize for finishing first.
2.) Be respectful on the road.
3.) DO NOT PASS ON THE SHOULDER
4.) Give plenty of room when passing, make sure you are at least 200 feet in front of the car you are passing before returning to your lane. This is to prevent rocks from being thrown onto other cars from the road.
5.) Know your limits, do not try to drive beyond them. If you feel like you can’t handle the situation please back off.
6.) Make sure your car is mechanically sound and that you have adequate lights, brakes, and windshield wipers.
7.) You are responsible for any infractions you cause on the road.
8.) Happy drivers make safe drivers. Please remember to have fun and not fight with your navigator.
9.) THIS IS NOT A RACE
Thank you for taking the time to read this and happy motoring.
Come by MINI Of El Paso and say hi to the epMINIs crew. Check in with us for extra rally cheat points, register with MINI for your $750 off a new MINI. There’s plenty of food, refreshments and entertainment! We will be here ’til close! (fri 10-28-11)
We would greatly appreciate an RSVP from you! Email us, Post a Comment, or “Attend” our Facebook event!
Don’t forget all you crazy MINI owners and perspective MINI owners that this Friday, October 28, is Motor-Tober at the El Paso MINI Dealership. I hope to see everyone there. The dealership is planning all kinds of events for kids from 1 – 99. You will also have a chance to get 750 dollars off the purchase of your next MINI. We hope to see you there.
First look of the new 2012 Countryman redline
As you all know, the next Rally on November 6th will be a Game Rally. So what’s a Game Rally you ask? A Game Rally combines the fun of Motoring with a series of challenges along our recently completed “mystery” route. Each participating MINI Team will be given a Rally Challenge Packet. The Packet will contain your Map with the Route and Directions. The Packet will also have a series of images from the route that you will need to put in order as they appear on your drive. And finally the packet will have a few puzzles you must find and solve along the way. The finish line is the Maldonado Corn Maze. When you reach the Maze, you will need to turn in your packet to epMINIs for point tabulation and scoring.
Points have already started accumulating! Café Press clothing purchases earn points. Playing the Facebook MOTOR-TOBER Games at the MINI of El Paso Facebook page earns points and attending the MINI of El Paso MOTOR-TOBER event on the 28th of October earns points as well. Full Cheat Point details were posted HERE a few days ago!
Cheat Points accumulated prior to November 6th will be added to the Points you earn during the Game Rally Challenge. We advise you to try and accumulate as many cheat points as possible as the route will have a few challenges that will be hard to find or solve.
What do I Win?
MINI of El Paso will provide some very nice prizes to the top placing teams. This will include MINI swag, gift certificates and some “i”Devices The amount of top placing teams will be determined by the amount of participants. Following the completion of the Rally, we will need a couple of days to tabulate the results. Winners will be posted online by Thursday following the Rally. Details for prize pickup will be provided directly to the winners.
Who can participate?
Current MINI and Classic Mini drivers are always welcome to attend. Future MINI drivers that attend and register at the MOTOR-TOBER event on the 28th of October can play as well. (Future MINI drivers, attend MOTOR-TOBER and get $750 off your purchase. See dealer for details!)
All participants will need to register with epMINI’s on or preferably before the day of the Rally. Registration will be necessary to correctly gather team participant’s names and collect contact info. We’ll post the registration form SOON.
All Games have Rules
- Each MINI will need a minimum of TWO people in the car to participate in the game. One Driver and one Navigator. The driver must have current insurance and a current Driver’s License. Proof will be required on day of rally. Both Driver and Navigator(s) work together to ensure a safe journey while playing the game. A regular cruise will be lead by the epMINIs Rally and Route Masters for those MINI’s without the minimum crew requirement. We have to insist on a minimum of two people per car as that is the only safe way to play the route.
- THIS IS NOT A RACE EVENT. There is no time limit on driving the route and playing the game. There are no points for finishing “First”. The game is played on regular streets and each MINI crew is responsible for following the state posted speeds and directional signs. Each MINI crew will be responsible for any traffic infractions they and their MINI may incur!
- Sharing answers with other teams is prohibited! Each car and its passenger(s) is a team and will play the game independently of other MINI crews. No collusion allowed!
- Completed worksheets must be filled out legibly, neatly and accurately. Yes, spelling counts and no points awarded for misspelled answers!
- In the event of a tie, the qualifying MINI teams will be required to complete an extra challenge. (To Be Determined)
- The following items are ALLOWED. They CAN be used: GPS, Smart Phone, Street Maps, Atlas, Binoculars, Radar Detector, etc.
- The following items are FORBIDDEN. They CAN NOT be Used: Nitrous Oxide, Rocket Fuel, Spike Strips, Fireworks, tar and feathers, other MINI crews, etc.
- All teams will be required to enjoy the day and have fun!
- There is a good Chance we will make up some other Rules by the time the rally comes around!
The Rally on November 6th will be part cruise/part scavenger hunt. Participants will be given a worksheet with images of pre-selected points from the route. These images will be out of order and participants will be asked to put them into the correct order as they are spotted along the route. There will also be questions about the route along the way. Getting all the images placed into the correct order will earn the participant points. Answering each question from the route will earn points as well. The participants with the most accumulated points will be eligible for some very nice prizes from our Rally Sponsor, MINI of El Paso. Full details will be revealed the day of the Rally.
If you want a head start on your points, we’ve got a few ways to “cheat” and pull ahead from the pack
- Participate in the MINI of El Paso Facebook MOTOR-TOBER contests! They are asking questions on their Facebook Wall and are awarding prizes to those who answer the questions correctly. I’ll give you participation points and bonus points for winning! And if you’ve already participated this month or won something this month, well lucky you! You have points accumulated already! Play as often as you want!
- MINI of El Paso will be hosting their MOTOR-TOBER sales event on Friday, October 28th! ATTEND! We’ll be there! Check in with epMINI’s and we’ll be sure to award you BONUS POINTS! Don’t forget, if you register with MINI of El Paso at the event, this will earn you $750 towards the purchase of a NEW MINI.
- Buy our Shirts! Or sweatshirts, or hats, or hoodies, or jackets or any of our rally gear. Head on over to www.cafepress.com/epminis and visit our web store. Show up on Rally day in epMINIs rally gear and earn a point for each article of clothing or accessory you are wearing.
So there you have it, 3 ways to get ahead of the pack. Enter the MINI of El Paso Facebook Contests, Attend the MOTOR-TOBER sales event and buy our shirts! The Rally on November 6th will start at MINI of El Paso and your destination is the Maldonado Corn Maze. The route will be revealed the day of the Rally! Can’t wait and hope to see everyone there.
We’ll post Rally Rules and Regs soon!