Don’t forget all you crazy MINI owners and perspective MINI owners that this Friday, October 28, is Motor-Tober at the El Paso MINI Dealership. I hope to see everyone there. The dealership is planning all kinds of events for kids from 1 – 99. You will also have a chance to get 750 dollars off the purchase of your next MINI. We hope to see you there.
As you all know, the next Rally on November 6th will be a Game Rally. So what’s a Game Rally you ask? A Game Rally combines the fun of Motoring with a series of challenges along our recently completed “mystery” route. Each participating MINI Team will be given a Rally Challenge Packet. The Packet will contain your Map with the Route and Directions. The Packet will also have a series of images from the route that you will need to put in order as they appear on your drive. And finally the packet will have a few puzzles you must find and solve along the way. The finish line is the Maldonado Corn Maze. When you reach the Maze, you will need to turn in your packet to epMINIs for point tabulation and scoring.
Points have already started accumulating! Café Press clothing purchases earn points. Playing the Facebook MOTOR-TOBER Games at the MINI of El Paso Facebook page earns points and attending the MINI of El Paso MOTOR-TOBER event on the 28th of October earns points as well. Full Cheat Point details were posted HERE a few days ago!
Cheat Points accumulated prior to November 6th will be added to the Points you earn during the Game Rally Challenge. We advise you to try and accumulate as many cheat points as possible as the route will have a few challenges that will be hard to find or solve.
What do I Win?
MINI of El Paso will provide some very nice prizes to the top placing teams. This will include MINI swag, gift certificates and some “i”Devices The amount of top placing teams will be determined by the amount of participants. Following the completion of the Rally, we will need a couple of days to tabulate the results. Winners will be posted online by Thursday following the Rally. Details for prize pickup will be provided directly to the winners.
Who can participate?
Current MINI and Classic Mini drivers are always welcome to attend. Future MINI drivers that attend and register at the MOTOR-TOBER event on the 28th of October can play as well. (Future MINI drivers, attend MOTOR-TOBER and get $750 off your purchase. See dealer for details!)
All participants will need to register with epMINI’s on or preferably before the day of the Rally. Registration will be necessary to correctly gather team participant’s names and collect contact info. We’ll post the registration form SOON.
All Games have Rules
- Each MINI will need a minimum of TWO people in the car to participate in the game. One Driver and one Navigator. The driver must have current insurance and a current Driver’s License. Proof will be required on day of rally. Both Driver and Navigator(s) work together to ensure a safe journey while playing the game. A regular cruise will be lead by the epMINIs Rally and Route Masters for those MINI’s without the minimum crew requirement. We have to insist on a minimum of two people per car as that is the only safe way to play the route.
- THIS IS NOT A RACE EVENT. There is no time limit on driving the route and playing the game. There are no points for finishing “First”. The game is played on regular streets and each MINI crew is responsible for following the state posted speeds and directional signs. Each MINI crew will be responsible for any traffic infractions they and their MINI may incur!
- Sharing answers with other teams is prohibited! Each car and its passenger(s) is a team and will play the game independently of other MINI crews. No collusion allowed!
- Completed worksheets must be filled out legibly, neatly and accurately. Yes, spelling counts and no points awarded for misspelled answers!
- In the event of a tie, the qualifying MINI teams will be required to complete an extra challenge. (To Be Determined)
- The following items are ALLOWED. They CAN be used: GPS, Smart Phone, Street Maps, Atlas, Binoculars, Radar Detector, etc.
- The following items are FORBIDDEN. They CAN NOT be Used: Nitrous Oxide, Rocket Fuel, Spike Strips, Fireworks, tar and feathers, other MINI crews, etc.
- All teams will be required to enjoy the day and have fun!
- There is a good Chance we will make up some other Rules by the time the rally comes around!
The Rally on November 6th will be part cruise/part scavenger hunt. Participants will be given a worksheet with images of pre-selected points from the route. These images will be out of order and participants will be asked to put them into the correct order as they are spotted along the route. There will also be questions about the route along the way. Getting all the images placed into the correct order will earn the participant points. Answering each question from the route will earn points as well. The participants with the most accumulated points will be eligible for some very nice prizes from our Rally Sponsor, MINI of El Paso. Full details will be revealed the day of the Rally.
If you want a head start on your points, we’ve got a few ways to “cheat” and pull ahead from the pack
- Participate in the MINI of El Paso Facebook MOTOR-TOBER contests! They are asking questions on their Facebook Wall and are awarding prizes to those who answer the questions correctly. I’ll give you participation points and bonus points for winning! And if you’ve already participated this month or won something this month, well lucky you! You have points accumulated already! Play as often as you want!
- MINI of El Paso will be hosting their MOTOR-TOBER sales event on Friday, October 28th! ATTEND! We’ll be there! Check in with epMINI’s and we’ll be sure to award you BONUS POINTS! Don’t forget, if you register with MINI of El Paso at the event, this will earn you $750 towards the purchase of a NEW MINI.
- Buy our Shirts! Or sweatshirts, or hats, or hoodies, or jackets or any of our rally gear. Head on over to www.cafepress.com/epminis and visit our web store. Show up on Rally day in epMINIs rally gear and earn a point for each article of clothing or accessory you are wearing.
So there you have it, 3 ways to get ahead of the pack. Enter the MINI of El Paso Facebook Contests, Attend the MOTOR-TOBER sales event and buy our shirts! The Rally on November 6th will start at MINI of El Paso and your destination is the Maldonado Corn Maze. The route will be revealed the day of the Rally! Can’t wait and hope to see everyone there.
We’ll post Rally Rules and Regs soon!
The end point for the November 6th Rally will be at the Maldonado Maze located in La Union New Mexico. Coincidently, half off admission is todays Daily Deal from the El Paso Times. Admission is regularly $9.00 per person, but if you buy through the Daily Deal, you can get your admission for only $4.50 per person. The deal expires at Midnight on Tuesday October 11th, so follow this link H E R E and get your tickets early!
For this Rally, we will be creating a game to be played along the route of the rally. The game will have participants searching for sights and solving puzzles. Each correctly matched sight or correctly solved puzzle will be awarded points. Each team will be competing for the most points by the time they reach the destination. The teams with the most points will be eligible for some prizes provided by our Rally Sponsor, MINI of El Paso!
Between now and Game Rally Day on Nov 6th, we will offer opportunities to get a head start on accumulating some extra points. Keep reading this site for extra point opportunities!
We’ve loaded a new Design to our CafePress web shop. The new designed is inspired by the traditional Day of the Dead Sugar Skulls (Dia De Los Muertos). We call it the “MINI Muerto”.
The new design is available in White Ink on a Dark Background or Black Ink on a light background. You can get “MINI Muerto” on short and long sleeve t-shirts, Hoodies and Sweatshirts. We put the logo on a HUGE variety of colors, styles and sizes to fit everyone’s taste. We hope you like the new design and invite you to see it for yourself at http://www.cafepress.com/epminis/7902405
We also have EP MINI’s logo items and other designs available in the shop as well. Go check it out and we look forward to seeing you all in the proper gear for the NEXT RALLY!
November’s Rally will be Sponsored my MINI of El Paso! Be sure to watch this space for start points, routes, destination and info for our first “Game-Rally” contest. You don’t want to miss it!
In the meantime, MOTOR-TOBER is happening NOW! Stop by the dealership and enter “THE BEST TEST DRIVE EVER PERIOD” contest. All you have to do is come up with a 6 word phrase and post it to their contest board. The best phrases are eligible for some fantastic prizes!
A few of our EP MINIs friends have already won some of the Facebook contests, congrats and keep up the good work! Don’t forget to swing by the dealership to pick up your LOOT!
Go over the MINI of El Paso Facebook page for your chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to the Garden!
For this Years Motor-Tober event, MINI of El Paso will be going all out in the month of October with Facebook contests, Prizes (MINI Gear, iPads etc) and Much MUCH more! Follow MINI of El Paso on Facebook for Contest details and we’ll keep you posted here as well.
Also, make a reservation for Friday October 28th by following this link. The reservation will get you a spot at the registration table on Friday the 28th. All registered attendees to the Motor-Tober event at MINI of El Paso will qualify for $750 off their next MINI auto purchase. Talk to your Motoring Advisor for specifics, limits and restrictions.
Next Rally will be on Sunday November 6th! We are working out the details!